NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

What if my dog ate tulips

My dog was outside and he ate some tulips. Now he is doing this thing that sounds like he is hyperventilating.
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 9 years ago.
Tulip bulbs are toxic to dogs
They are moderately toxic causing mostly gastrointestinal signs (vomiting and diarrhea) after the dog eats them.
You can read about other toxic plants here
If your dog ate any tulip bulbs you may want to get him in to see an emergency vet for supportive care or to get him to vomit up what he ate of them.
Hope this helps you!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Nancy Holmes's Post: I already knew all of that and had looked at a similar site. This was helpful, but i knew the information already. I thought I would get something a bit more than just websites. Thanks anyways. My dog is fine though, my vet says he probably got some of the plant stuck in his throat, that is why he was hyperventilating(or sounded like he was). Thank you
Expert:  NancyH replied 9 years ago.
As you didn't list anything you already knew there is no way to determine that.
All I can do is answer the question you asked.