Gina
Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  15+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

Symptoms: 1. Shivereing 2. Licking front paws 3.

Symptoms:
1. Shivereing
2. Licking front paws
3. Full body Stretching frequently
4. Belching
5. Mild diahrria
6. Eat some food 3 hours ago...now not interested in food
7. Drank some chicken broth...not not thirsty
8. Did not throw up
9. Seems alert
10. Not able to sleep
11. Seems uncomfortable laying..is sitting up only
12. Just returned for airplane trip in the cabin with me. Has always traveled well.
13. May have eaten small qty of dry dog food at our host home this morning before leaving for the airport. This food is different from her normal; food.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Gina replied 7 years ago.
Customer

If you are positive that your baby did not ingest a non food item causing an obstruction of the GI tract you can offer your baby some boiled chicken and rice. This will help sooth her tummy as well as safely giving her plain pepto bismol to help with the diarrhea and gas. The published dose for Pepto is 1 - 3 mg/kg DIVIDED over the course of the day. Using the middle of the range, this is the equivalent of about 1 ml/lb, but this should be divded over the course of the day, One teaspoon = 5 ml; 1 table spoon = 15 ml.

You can also offer her some plain pedialyte to help aid in hydration. You can either mix it with her water 50/50 or give her small amounts via dropper. :)

This all could be from the stress of the flight along with a dog food she is not used to. Good luck and I sure hope your little one feels better very very soon. :)

If she shows symptoms of vomiting, very tender around the abdomen, lethargy, or fever over 103, you will need to see the vet with her. :)

Experience: 15+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is pedialyet?
Expert:  Gina replied 7 years ago.
Pedialyte is an electrolyte solution made for babies :) It can be found in the baby section of your local grocer or drug store. :) There are also generics available, and that is also fine to use. This will balance her electrolytes and rehydrate her. :) Make sure you get the Plain or clear one and not the flavored ones. :)