How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Lefler Your Own Question
Jane Lefler
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 18815
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Jane Lefler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is tar Poisonous to dogs

Customer Question

my dog ate fresh tar that was placed on our road yesterday and is acting lethargic today and still has not eaten.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 9 years ago.

Tar is poisonous. I would have your dog seen by your vet as soon as possible so supportive care can be started. You can read about tar poisoning on the following website.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Related Dog Questions