NancyH
NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics
127115

how do get my puppy unconstipated

Customer Question

my puppy is crying and he looks like he is having a hard time going to the bathroom( bowel movement ) how can i help him go to the bathroom
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 9 years ago.
If he has stool in his rectum that he cannot pass the safest thing to do would be to see a vet for help. It might be he has a non food item stuck in the intestinal tract, or he could have a twist or telescoping of the intestines.
You can try 3-5 cc of mineral oil as an enema around the stool but I wouldn't do more than that. If that does not help the stool pass then I'd see the vet.
If you want an oral laxative to try then you can try some cat hairball remedy such as Laxatone or Petromalt or you can give him 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cows milk which is a mild laxative for dogs.
Hope this helps you!