Lori, Canine Health Care & Guidance
Experience:  Qualified by many years of healthcare & experience in breeding dogs

Are pet antibiotics the same as human antibiotics. I have ...

Are pet antibiotics the same as human antibiotics. I have a friend that takes antibiotics from his girlfriend who is a vet. She tells him there are the same as human antibiotics.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.

Yes, in many instances, human and animal medications are the same. For example - amoxycillin for humans is the same as for pets. Your friend's girlfriend needs to be very careful as she could lose her veterinary license or even be put in jail if she is giving prescription medications to your friend. This is very serious as it is practicing medicine without a license. (Just something that your friend and her may be unaware of).

Please let me know if I can help further.