Gina
Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
673497

Why does my older dog pass out when he gets excited It ...

Why does my older dog pass out when he gets excited? It seems to happen once in a while if he should cough or gag on something,
but it has also happened when he's just been excited over seeing you when you first return after being gone a while.It first happened
about a year ago,and we thought he was having a heart attack or something. He will fall over and his legs will flail about, and he'll cry, and the he'll come aroud in ten seconds or so. Ten minutes later it's as if nothing happened at all! He's had blood testing done
an a full set of x-rays,and nothing shows up wrong.What could be causing this,and might these episodes be prevented somehow?

Ismunyer:

Please discuss this problem at length with your vet as this is symptomatic of a heart condition. If he has not been tested for heartworm or is not currently taking a heartworm preventative, you might consider testing for that. This happens (usually) when the heart doesn't pump enough blood to the brain. He may need a cardiologist if your vet does not have the proper testing equipment, but you should talk to him as soon as you can about this problem. I wish you all the luck and hope he feels better very soon. :)

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/syncope-in-dogs/page1.aspx read more here :)