Gina
Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
673497

My dogs ear seems to be bothering him. He shakes his head,

My dog's ear seems to be bothering him. He shakes his head, but he doesn't itch his ears too much.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Gina replied 9 years ago.

Is there any discharge from his ears and if so, is it wax colored or blackish?

Are his ears red or puffy?

Are they warm to the touch?

What breed is your baby?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Gina's Post: No,his ears don't seem to be warm or reddened. There is no discharge. Other than shaking his head, he doesn't seem to all that bothered. This has been going on for about 5 days now.

My baby is a terrier mix, looks like an Iris terrier, about 35 pounds.
Expert:  Gina replied 9 years ago.

Ok..than you for the extra information. I am a bit concerned that maybe your boy has an inner ear infection/vestibular syndrome. Go ahead and give your vet a call to have him checked out as he will likely need an oral antibiotic to help clear it up. You can read more about vestibular syndrome here:

www.marvistavet.com/html/body_vestibular_disease.html

To give him a bit of relief you can use a cotton ball and swab his ear with a bit of sweet oil if you have any on hand..just the outter part of the ear, not deep into the ear. :) I hope he feels better soon. :)