NancyH
NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics
127115

She is 1yr old and very healthy she only ate one

If she just ate it getting back up might be your best bet. This site goes over how to use hydrogen peroxide to do that if the dog ate it within the last 60 minutes
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs/page1.aspx
You didn't say how large she was but I find nothing indicating this medication is used in dogs. So the risk is apt to be to liver or kidney damage if the dog doesn't handle the chemical well.
You can call a poison hotline if you want
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc&JServSessionIdr012=gw4lbooji1.app28a
Good luck with her!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
She weighs about 50lb. This is the only time she has accidently eaten this should I try and make her give it back
If its within the time frame better to not take chances in my opinion.
But you are the one who has to decide on this.
She might be fine or you may see her show urinary or liver issues over the next few days if she has trouble metabolizing it.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
It is snowing hard here and it is late. I can't take her to a vet now. Thank you.
If you have peroxide in the house you can use that to get her to vomit in the way the website I referred you to outlined.
If not then you are going to have to wait and see anyhow.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you
You are welcome - wish I could give you more on this but the good news is as I didn't find any info its not likely to be highly toxic!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I checked you web site but didn't get an answer what do I do with the peroxide?
You need to scroll down on that page for the directions to use the peroxide
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs/page1.aspx I'll quote it here for you
"The appropriate dose of 3% hydrogen peroxide is one teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight. If you have an oral syringe, one teaspoon equals 5 cc or 5 ml. Once given, walk your dog around or gently shake the stomach area to mix the peroxide with the stomach contents. Vomiting should occur within 15 to 20 minutes. If no vomiting occurs, you can safely repeat the three percent hydrogen peroxide once. "
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Well I did find that some Puppy people actually get put on Lipitor but I just wanted to make sure. As I am sure you know they really are more that mere pets. Thank you now I can sleep.
I have it on good account its pretty good for the people :)
and yes the dogs are hugely more than just pets here (and the cats too!)