Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

my dog is shaking/twitching. he has been vomiting ...

Customer Question

my dog is shaking/twitching. he has been vomiting sporadically for two days. he seems to have a hard time getting comfortable. he was drooling. right now he is just lying down. he won't even eat a dog treat, which he usually devours quickly. he is an 8 month old colby pit bull who is usually very high energy
Category: Dog
Expert:  Gina replied 9 years ago.

Does your boy eat non food items like Rawhides, bones or greenies?

Does he have diarrhea?

Is he drinking water and able to hold it down?

What was the last thing he ate beore this started?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes, I just bought him some bones from Tractor Supply. That was about 2 weeks ago. He only gets one or two a day.
No diarrhea. His stools are soft but not runny. U really can't get him to drink any water.
The first time he threw up, it was dark red, almost a rust color. After that it was all food and water.
Expert:  Gina replied 9 years ago.

You need to give your vet a call regarding your boy as the symptoms he is showing indicates an obstruction of the GI tract. This can be confirmed with X-rays and the obstruction will have to be removed. Unfortunately there is not a home remedy for this. In the future, consider bully sticks and stuffed kong toys for him instead of bones and/or rawhide bones. Please have him seen asap. Good luck and do let me know how you make out with him.