Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

I think my dog ate an ear ring, will this harm her

My dog ate a peal earring this morning with it hurt her?

How large is your dog?

What is the approx. size of the earring?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Gina's Post: Hello,
She is a medium size dog about 29 pounds. It was a small pearl earing, the kind for pierced ears.

Your girl should be just fine. Give her a few pieces of white bread to help her pass this safely. You can add 2 teaspoons of PLAIN canned pumpkin to her food along with some canned food to speed things along. :) Good luck :)

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you.
You are very welcome :)

I want you to know the symptoms of an obstruction just in case. If your dog shows symptoms of lethargy, fever over 103, vomiting or severe diarrhea, please have her checked by your vet. This shouldn't happen as she is large enough to pass the earring, but I just wanted you to know. If you found my info helpful, don't forget to click the accept button :)