Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

my dog is bleeding after giving birth eight weeks ago Is this normal

my maltese gave birth to 4 pups no problems that was 8 weeks ago but she is still bleeding a little . but doesnt seem to be in any pain.

I would have the vet check out your girl....8 weeks is a bit excessive. She may just have a bit of infection going on that will need antibiotics to clear up. There is also a disease called Von Willebrand Disease that can show up after whelping. There is a weblink below for you to check out. :) At any rate, give your vet a call and have him check her out....better safe than sorry. Good luck :)