Diana, Groomer/ Breeder/ Animal Control
Experience:  Worked with dogs over 30 yrs/ Groomer/ Breeder/ Animal Control Officer/ Showing/ Hunt + Rescue

Is it bad for my dog to eat grubs

Customer Question

Everytime my dog goes outside, he finds a grub (in the midst of winter), We manage to get it from him before he consumes it. If he does eat it, is it bad for him? And why is he doing this?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Diana replied 9 years ago.

As a former vets assistant and long-time dog owner/breeder/groomer I can tell you that many dogs eat bugs, grubs, and worms. It isn't a problem and your dog has probably eaten several you never saw before. Do not worry about this since even some people eat grub worms...even though it is gross.

Let me know if you need more information on this or please...Remember to click 'ACCEPT' if my answer is useful to you. Happy Holidays!