Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

Can I combine Frontline and Revolution

I'm currently using Revolution on my 2 German Shepherds to prevent Heartworm and kill fleas/ticks. I have noticed an increase in the number of alive ticks. In the past I have used Frontline. Is it ok to use both Revolution and Frontline at the same time or is it better to use Frontline and Heartgard?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Gina replied 9 years ago.

It is not only better, but safer to use Frontline and Heartgard. You don't want to overdose the flea and tick medications as it can have disasterous results. I used to use Revolution on my mastiffs...they still ended up with fleas on them. This past summer I switched to Frontline and put them on Heartgard..NO FLEAS, NO TICKS. :) It worked wonderfully. Make sure you purchase these products from your vet ONLY. You may find them cheaper online at sites like Ebay, but there is no promise that you are actually getting what you think you are getting, so be on the safe side and buy them from your veterinarian. Good luck and give your shepherds a pet from me :)