NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

how do i stop my pomeranian from peeing all over te house

Customer Question

how can i stop my pomeranian from peeing all over my house
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
Is this a male?
Is he neutered?
Is this new behavior that just suddenly started?
If the dog is a female is she spayed?
How old is your dog?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Nancy Holmes's Post: he is a male he turned 1 in september he is not neutered and this started when he was a puppy
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
It may be that he has a urinary tract infection so making sure he is healthy is the first step.
Next would be cleaning up the spots he uses with an enzyme based cleaner such as Odor Mute, Simple Solution, or Nature's Miracle so that he can't smell the spots any more.
And you will have to work on housebreaking him which means he doesn't get full free run of the house, he gets taken out and praised when he potties outside, and he isn't allowed out of your sight so he is either gated in the room with you, on a leash with you, or in a crate so he doesn't have free access to the house.
In addition you will likely find that obedience training and using the nothing in life is free program will help can help you find a trainer to work with.
You can neuter him if you want as that will likely help too.
An alternative to confinement to keep him from successfully marking would be using a belly band with a stick on incontinence pad on it.
You can read about belly bands here
and many places sell them.
Hope this helps you!