NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

If used on a floor, can boiled linseed oil be toxic to dogs?
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
Some of the boiled linseed oil preparations do have ingredients that can be a problem as they contain metallic drying agents to cut drying time.
But once the whole floor is cured there should not be an issue with it.
Hope this helps you!
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Nancy Holmes's Post: Can you tell me what kind of symptoms would occur if a dog is affected by the linseed oil that has been put on the wood floor?
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
The oil itself should have no real issues other than perhaps diarrhea if ingested.
From this site
"Let me quote the warning label from a can of boiled linseed oil...
"Use of this product will expose you to arsenic, beryllium, chromium, cadmium and nickel, which are known to cause cancer; and lead which is known to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.""
I would go back to the container for the product that was used and see if there is manufacturer contact info or exposure info.
Different products have different chemicals in their make up to speed drying.
If a dog drank some of the boiled formulas it could have heavy metal poisoning or arsenic poisoning etc depending on what was in the product used.