Don
Don, dog owner of multiple dogs /35 year
Experience:  dog owner of many types of dogs ,let me know what I can help with !
1126735

Water for Dogs

Customer Question

Is tap water okay for dogs or should they drink distilled water? I read that distilled water is better on their kidneys but then I heard that it can weaken their muscles since it lacks minerals and vitmains we need. Can you help?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Don replied 10 years ago.

Hello, we now live in a world that has some serious water issues so it is a good idea to consider this question.

Giving your dog distilled water is ok I believe but if you have properly filtered water that you drink that should be fine too.

Personally,I use filtered water at our home for the dogs.

There are those who feel distilled water is not appropriate so I am including a link to that theory:Cyber-Pet "Prescription for Optimum Pet Health" (scroll down to "water" topic)

Here is another water designed for dogs:

Treehugger: Strange Waters #5: K9 Water for Dogs>fortified with vitamins and minerals.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne: if you have properly filtered water that you drink it's most likely ok for your dog too.There are even pet waterers with a filter if you'd like to consider that:Ergo Automatic Pet Waterer

Always check with your vet concerning your pet. He/She knows them the best.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR QUESTION.IF I CAN HELP YOU FURTHER

JUST LET ME KNOW SPECIFICS.

OTHERWISE:

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT AND LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK AS I WILL FOR YOU ALSO.