Don, dog owner of multiple dogs /35 year
Experience:  dog owner of many types of dogs ,let me know what I can help with !

What do I need to take my dog from USA into Mexico on ...

What do I need to take my dog from USA into Mexico on vacation to visit relatives? Going by car.

HelloCustomer thankyou for your question.

US visitors to Mexico may bring a dog,cat or up to four canines by presenting the following certificates at the border:

1. A pet health certificate signed by a registered vet in the USA and issued not more than 72 hrs. before the animal enters Mexico.

2. A pet vaccination certificate showing the animal has been treated for rabies,hepatitis,pip and leptospirosis.

Certification by Mexican authorities is not required for the health certificate or the vaccination certificate.

A Permit fee is charged upon entering Mexico.

Here is an excellent site for those visiting Mexico:

Tips for Travelers to Mexico

Have a happy trip.

If you feel this information was helpful please click accept and leave a positive feedback.