Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Owner of a small animal clinic and an ear/skin clinic 35 years

In the inside of my dogs ear it sound squishy like theres ...

Customer Question

In the inside of my dogs ear it sound squishy like theres water in it and its got brown stuff inside even after i clean it it comes back is this a ear infection or mites? He shakes his head all day.       thank you..
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Louis Gotthelf replied 10 years ago.
This is probably an ear infection and if there is lots of liquid in the ear, the eardrum may even be ruptured and it is filling with mucus and pus. Take the dog to the vet for an examination. The dog may need to have a deep ear flush to see if there is something like a tumor in the ear. The vet will determine what type of infection is present and if there is a medication specific for that type of infection.