NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

My dogs testicles are red and he is experiencing ...

My dogs testicles are irritated, red and he is experiencing discomfort. He is constantly biting, spinning and knawing at his private area. He just howls and is experiencing something very uncomfortable. He is a Cocker Spaniel and keeps knawing at that area until his coat becomes matted.
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
It sounds like he has an infection in the scrotum or has sat on something that caused a contact reaction in the skin in that area.
I would suggest try rinsing the area off with cool water or using a cool/cold compress on the area (be sure not to freeze the skin though).
He may need antibotics and anti inflammatory meds to resolve this or if its an allergic reaction to something then Benadryl or another allergy med might be needed.
He could have a strangulated testicle or a hernia into the testicles or something else very serious like that going on too.
I would plan on seeing the vet ASAP and seeing an emergency vet if you can would be a good idea rather than making the dog wait until Wednesday.
Hope this helps you!