Gen B.
Gen B., Retired Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Lhasa,Shih Tzu Breeder/ B.A.Neurophysiology & Animal Behavior/I use plain English!

How many pit bull bloodline do they have and can i get a ...

Customer Question

How many pit bull bloodline do they have? and can i get a list of them with a description? I have been searching everywhere for these answers, so, i hope you can help me.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Gen B. replied 10 years ago.
Pit bull terriers are only a UKC-allowed breed (this is Great Britain's version of the AKC).

Since the AKC does not recognize Pits, there is no breed standard available as yet.

Getting a breed into the AKC is a long and complicated process, but it can be done.

Because all Pits in the U.S. are produced by private breeders with their own likes and dislikes, the appearances and temperaments do vary greatly.

You can find breed standards for the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Bull Terrier at:

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Gen B.'s Post: well i actually want to know a list of pit bull bloodlines such as boudreaux or chinamen or little rascal or razor edge? that is just some examples!
Expert:  Gen B. replied 10 years ago.
Well, I think what you're seeing are the names private breeders are giving to their homemade "lines". This would be similar to how other dog breeders name their kennel (for example, my dogs are called "Potala Palace Dogs", but this does not mean that they are a different kind of Lhasa or Shih Tzu from other AKC lines) is a link to a site that lists several of these different names:

Do bear in mind, that each breeder will have their own philosophy about the desireable behavioral characteristics in the dogs they breed.
This means that a sweet-tempered pet dog may have appearances in common with animals that should NOT be loose around people!

As with any guarding breeds, I strongly recommend that you visit the parent dogs of any puppy that you are interested in.

This link takes a long time to open, but it may be what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Gen B.'s Post: no that is not it! i want bloodlines not breeds!
Expert:  Gen B. replied 10 years ago.
The way to get information about the bloodlines of a breed you are interested in is to contact the individual kennel...each breeder keeps records about where their dogs came from and how they have been used to create new lines of puppies.

Here are some additional links to find info about the different Pit lines from the breeders directly: