Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Owner of a small animal clinic and an ear/skin clinic 35 years

My female dog has an enlarged nipple it started after she ...

My female dog has an enlarged nipple it started after she had puppies and that was almost 3 years ago it seems to be getting larger now and it feels lumpie
It could be a mammary tumor. Some of these involve the glandular tissue and some, like this one may involve the ducts, which are in the nipple. Have your vet check it for you. It may need to be removed if it is a tumor.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to dr4pets's Post: it is not hurting her in anyway and she'll let me feel it and all so does it have to be removed I'm a signal mom and can't really afford any next money for surgery
Most of these are benign tumors, but they can grow quite large. Watch it and if it seems to get any larger or it it starts leaking any fluid talk you tyour vet about it. It does not seem to be any type of emergency situation right now.