NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

can we use solarcaine with aloe on a dogs itchy skin

we have a dog with allergies and shots were not in the realm of helping - he freaked and we couldn't finish the $150 worth of serum. He has allergies we paid much for testing. we elimnated the foods but live on a ranch so can't control all the outside items. my daughtered tried a shot of solarcaine and it really seemed to help but i panic and want to know if this is safe
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
I'd suggest a lanacaine spray instead as the benzocaine in the product you used may not be safe for dogs
They make a doggy lanacaine or you can use a human lanacaine spray.
You can also see if Benadryl will help a dose of 1mg per pound of dog of plain Benadryl so a 50 pound dog would get two 25mg tablets every 8-12 hours may help.
You may find this site interesting reading
Hope this helps you!