Dr. Vicky Lamb
Dr. Vicky Lamb, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 yrs small animal veterinarian

will a cinnamon roll hurt a dog

my maltese ate a cinnamon roll this morning and i want to know if it will hurt him. i don't feed him anything but dog food and he got this accidently.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Vicky Lamb replied 10 years ago.
It is not anything that is toxic to dogs. However, depending on how sensitive your dog's g.i. tract is, he could develop some vomiting or diarrhea secondary to eating the roll. He may not have any problems at all, let's hope for that!

If your dog does get an upset stomach and starts vomiting, I would fast him for 12 hrs, and only give him small amounts of water. Then you might offer him something bland like cooked white rice and chicken baby food (small amount) once he is feeling better. This may also help if he gets diarrhea as well. Give him small amounts every couple hours and once you are sure his stomach feels better he can go back to his regular diet.

If your dog is acting very ill from eating this, you will want to take him into the vet for an exam. They can prescribe medications that can help him feel better if needed.