Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

my dog is 57 days pregnant today she is restless digging in ...

Customer Question

my dog is 57 days pregnant today she is restless digging in her bed and her rectal temp is 100.8 degrees she has benn exrayed this week this is my first litter with her but her actual 3rd can you tell me what she is fixing to do and when to expect puppies she is trying to get into everything what kind of life will the puppies be if they are born before the 58th day thank you my e-mail adress [email protected]
Category: Dog
Expert:  Gina replied 10 years ago.

A typical gestation for a dog is 58-63 days, so 58 days would be just fine for her to deliver. Right now she is nesting and getting ready to deliver her pups. DO NOT LEAVE HER UNATTENDED!!!! She may be a expert deliverer, but situations can always arise. I am going to post a website for you to look at and refer to throughout the labor process.

Good luck and wishing you a happy healthy litter :)