Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

what should i do if my dog has yellow discharge from his nose

I have been hear my 3 yr old golden retriever sneezing lately. It soulds like he has some congestion. Today he sneezed and he had thick yellow mucus discharge. He also has been a little lethargic.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Gina replied 10 years ago.
Is he current on all vaccinations?

Eating and drinking properly?

Urinating and deficating normally?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Gina's Post: He is due for his shots in June and he seems to be eating a little more than usual. His bathroom habits are still normal. The only thing is he usually trots his entire walks, yesturday and today he is walking. I can tell he is not feeling 100%
Expert:  Gina replied 10 years ago.
It is likely he has an upper respitory infection that will need antibiotic treatment. Tomorrow give your vet a call to have him checked out. Until then, keep him hydrated. You can do this by adding some plain pedialyte to his drinking water. You can also safely give him bendryl 1-2mg per pound of body weight to give him some relief. It is also possible that he has an airborn allergy. You can discuss this with your vet also. Hope this helps and good luck and hope your boy feels better soon :)
Expert:  Gina replied 10 years ago.

Did you have time to check out my reply to you? If you found it helpful, please remember to click the green accept button so we can close this question :)