Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., shelter volunteer
Experience:  14+ years of shelter work/ vaccinations/ disease/ illness/ injury/ medical care
237255

The sound of my dogs bark has changed. He seems ...

Customer Question

The sound of my dog's bark seems to have changed. It seems a little higher pitched. He seems fine otherwise. Should I take him to the Vet.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 11 years ago.
If this is the only sign that you are seeing then I would mointor him for other signs of illness. He could be a bit hoarse and have a bit of a sore throat. If you do not think he ingested anything that could be caught in his throat I would suggest making sure he has plenty of fluids and monitor him for other signs of infection or illness. Should this continue you might want to have him examined but it could just be a change in weather or even allergies that could cause this.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Thank you
You are so very welcome!!!