Vicki, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  9+ years as a Vet Tech. Experienced in anesthesia, nursing, behavior, surgery, dentistry

My dog just died suddenly from internal bleeding, what ...

My dog just died suddenly from internal bleeding, what could have caused this?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Vicki replied 10 years ago.
How do you know it was internal bleeding? Was she at the vet?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Vicki's Post: Yes, I rushed her to the vet when she all of a sudden woke up panting and unable to move. She looked almost like she was having a seizure. She died within an hour. It was absolutely awful! They tried giving her CPR but all the blood was pooled in her stomach. She never showed any signs that would have made me think that she was sick. In fact we had gone for a walk earlier that morning and she was her normal self.
Expert:  Vicki replied 10 years ago.
The only way to know for sure what happened is to have your vet perform a necropsy (same as an autopsy in people). It could have been anything from a tumor to a ruptured spleen. Your dog could have had a tumor and not shown any signs. I would ask the vet to perform the necropsy.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I believe my dog has already been cremated. This tragedy happened to me this past Friday.