NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

can walking my dog make her go into labor

Customer Question

I have a pitbull who is due anytime. Will walking her make her go into labor sooner?

Optional Information: Age: 1; Female; Breed: American Pitbull
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 11 years ago.
One can always hope it will but if nothing else it may calm you down to walk her as exercise is good for stress in the owner too!
Dogs whelp when they are ready and often they wait for a quiet time in the house to do so.
I would put her in her whelping area and let her have a little quiet time. If you see strong contractions for more than two hours with no puppies arriving then its time to head for the vet for help as she might need a c-section to deliver them.
Hope this helps you!