Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert

I have a sick dog, he will not eat anything and will barely ...

Customer Question

I have a sick dog, he will not eat anything and will barely drink, he has been this way for 4 days, no temp and a cold wet nose. he moves around but he acts like he is tired, but I think it is from him not eating, he has no cough and lungs sound clear. he will urinate, but I have only seen a little feces. I am stumped, I would force feed him but I dont know what to feed him or how much at a time. I would appreciate any help or advice I can get.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.
When was the last time that you saw the vet for a fecal exam?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: when he was about 6 weeks. around easter.
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

The most common cause of lethargy, vomiting and diarrhea in pets is a parasite problem. You should go ahead and see the vet to rule this out and go from there. I would also be concerned that he has an intestinal obstruction or other blockage.

To keep him from getting dehydrated, you can use plain pedialyte through the weekend. See the vet tomorrow for that fecal if you are able.

Let me know if you still have questions.