Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

my dog ingested some a&d ointment

my stupid dog eat some a&d ointment(for diaper rash)how worried should i be what will happen
How long ago did he eat it? And how much?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: mabye 1/2 a 1.5 once tube and this evening sometime right now she seems fine
here is a list of the ingredients in A&D ointment

INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredients:
Petrolatum 53.4%, Lanolin 15.5%.
Inactive Ingredients:Cod Liver Oil (Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin D), Fragrance, Light Mineral
Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin

I am not a chemist but at the very worst, she may vomit. The rest of the ingredients are rather 'ordinary.'

I will research the PETROLATUM to be sure

Petrolatum is petroleum jelly.   In such a small quantity there should not be a problem

Diaper rash creams/ointments such as Desitin/A&D ointment have a very low level of toxicity contrary to warning labels on the product. Here again, this product usually only causes oral/stomach upset.

If it does present some stomach upset, you should talk with your vet about using a dose of immodium to control diarrhea and vomiting.

Most of the ingredients in this product are harmless. It's a lot of oils, wax, fragrance and a little lanolin and petrolium jelly (petrolatum).

Let me know if you still have questions.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Angel's Post: vomitting is expected(and sadly deserved BAD DOG lol)now i can sleep thank you very much
robert
You are very welcome. Don't forget to accept an answer if the responses were helpful to you.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience: Not an active Expert