Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

my chihuahua door of our house got shut on his head

my chihuahua had a door shut on his head and neck area he gets up and falls over to one side like his equilibrium is off I carried him to the emergency vet. they wanted a $1000, without even xraying him to see first if he even had a fracture or something Iam very discouraged by there actions for this serious type of injury, I would of thought they should have xrayed 1st thing, I am carrying him to another place for help, but for the time being what else can I do he just lays in my lap he is about 6 months old.

It sounds like your pet has suffered a severe blow to the head. He might have a concussion or other head injury that could be fatal.

There is not much that you can do for this at home. I would keep him quiet through the night and see the vet as soon as you can, tonight if you can afford it.

Let me know if you still have specific questions. I fear that my answer has been too broad.

I can't tell you to give aspirin for pain because it has a blood thinning effect and if he has a brain bleed, this would make it worse....

Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience: Not an active Expert
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: Thankyou Tammy, that is what I am going to do, I am carrying him to a vet that works at the spca in the morning 1st thing, I am keeping him still with no problem but should I try and see if he will drink a little water tho?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post:
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: Yes Tammy I wanted to know if I could give him a little water and if he did drink it, isn't that a good sign also!
It's a good sign that he is interested in water. Be sure to withhold food and water after midnight just in case they have to do surgery in the morning to correct a problem.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience: Not an active Expert
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Thankyou tammy for your promptness to my question I do appreciate your advice, I will let you know his outcome in the next day or so, I do thankyou so much for your fast response tho, I will be back and will gladly refer anyone else that ever needs advice in helping there pet.
Great! I am glad that you found our service to be so useful. We hope you come back with all your questions! And send your friends to us, too.