Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Since your dog is ingesting the brush...it may be worth it to take a piece home next time and identify it. There are hundreds of plantlife that have toxins that burn the mouth and throat...for example a dandelion. The components have a poison that cause burning...ulcerations...thru the GI.
The Maalox or K-pectate helps coat the GI and lessen the irritant.
So...try to identify it so you know what you are dealing with. As far as why he is ingesting it...if it is carrying a deer scent or something similar...that might start it...but hard to say,
Again, it depends on the type of plant it is. The ulceration for now would be use of Maalox. If the vomiting continued into several days than a stronger medication would be needed. Permanent damage...depends on the plant.
Some of these plants cause just burning and some secondary gastritis and diarrhea...others if large amounts are ingested can cause kidney/liver issues and necrosis of the intestines!Just take a branch and get it ID.