DanaDVM
DanaDVM, Dog Answer Team
Experience:  Dog Expert
11348

About my dog(lhasa apso 8wks. old)

Jelly like substance in boul movement?
 Mucous from the large intestines can suggest irritation. Is there blood? Have you had this puppy wormed and vaccinated yet? What are you feeding the puppy?

Dr.V

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Vamvakias's Post: Dr. Vanvakias,

Thank you very much for replying,yes there seems to be a little blood, nothing significate, but she has been wormed and just got her 8wks. shots last friday, we weren't sure if this may be from the shot I guess i should call my vet. back but though i may could find something on line. We feed her puppy nutro, a little wet and dry.Thank you for your time and patience.
                            Thank you,
                                Denise

Little bits of blood and mucous come from the large intestine and can be stress, parasites, food, etc.

Since the parasites have been treated it can be from a food change or environment change or even the stress of vaccines. I would watch and if you see another episode OR the puppy becomes lethargic or vomits....call your vet.

Dr.V

DanaDVM, Dog Answer Team
Experience: Dog Expert
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Vamvakias's Post: Thank you Dr. D.A. Vanvakias for your help. My puppy is doing a lot better today. I'm so glad there are people like you guys out there to help people and animals in need. I have read many stories from a lot of the specialists and you all have helped a lot of people by easing their minds. Believe it or not its the small incidents that lead to bigger problems and sometimes by then it's too late. Thank you all again, your doing a great job keep up the good work.

Thanks,
                            Denise

your welcome and good luck,

Dr.V

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Vamvakias's Post: What can you give a dog with allergies, he has a runny nose, watery eyes, and a cough after going outside.Or what could these symptoms be. Is there a puppy clarotin?
                     Thank you,
                      Denise

We use pediatric benadryl to get them thru the allergies. Your puppy seems young for this and the cough is alarming.

You can try 1 tsp of pediatric benadryl every 8-12 hour and see if it helps, but I think you should have the puppy seen on monday so they can listen to his chest.

Dr.V

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Vamvakias's Post: I'm sorry I should have explained, this question is concerning my other lhasa that is seven months old. We have two lhasa's Marvin 7mths. and Laney 9wks.
                      Thank you,
                          Denise

Just the same...allergies don't usually result in a cough...runny eyes and noses.

You can still do the pediatric benadryl, but if the cough continues, a vet exam is needed.

Dr.V

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Vamvakias's Post: okay, he only does this on occasion, it's not really a continues thing, but we'll try the benadryl and get him in Monday morning. Thank you very much for you time.
           Thank you, Denise

You are welcome.

Dr.V