Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

boxer: seen by my vet and given a clean bill of health.

Customer Question

I sold a boxer puppy at 3 months old. He was seen by my vet and given a clean bill of health. Today the buyer called and said there was a problem where the puppies’ head, now 4 months old, was forming twisted. The eyes is droppy and the jaw is drooping. What might this be? When I called my vet she said they didn’t know what he was referring to. Do you have any idea?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

I suggest that you ask for the veterinary records for the dog or ask to speak with the dog's vet so that you can get a formal diagnosis.

Many people decide after getting a puppy that the puppy is just too much trouble and will tell you just about anything so that they can get their money back.

In the off chance that there is a problem, you need to be prepared to stand by the puppy and take it back from the ownders if they no longer want to keep it.

If there are no vet records and they are going by sight alone, it will be up to you as to how you should proceed.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: I already asked him to have the records sent. He is going to- he said he went to two vets to get a second opinion. I really don't think he is just trying to get out of the puppy. I really sense he loves the dog. I am more than willing to make any arrangements I have to with him. I too loved the puppy. What I am looking for is possiblities of what it could be ( it will take a week to get the records). And why did nothing show up when he was 3 months old.
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

Just telling us that the head is twisted is not giving us much to go on.

When you see the records, be sure to post again and maybe we can provide more help.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: My guess is he doesn't have a great grasp of the terminology. He said they did an xray and the skull was twisting. Left eye drooping, food falling out of his mouth. He said the vet said they would need to do surgery to correct it and may have seizures if it is not corrected. I wish I had more to go on right now. I have been attempting to research it myself but that is all he could give me. I am telling you this pup was the perfect specimen of a puppy at 3 months. I can't imagine what went wrong.
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

One of the vets might be able to give you more insight into this.  I'm just not familiar with what you have described.

If not, please do come back to us when you receive the vet reports and post more info.

I'm sure someone can help you then.