How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ZooCVT Your Own Question
ZooCVT
ZooCVT, Certified Veterinary Technician
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  25 + years of experience w/ sm. animal, fish, exotics, orthopedics, ophthalmology and zoo medicine.
19786
Type Your Dog Question Here...
ZooCVT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ate a plate of fudge. What do I do

This answer was rated:

105Lb Golden Retriever. Ate it between 1:30 pm and now. No medical problems for him.
 
I would give about 3-5 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide to induce
vomiting so hopefully he'll bring it up. If he doesn't within 5-10
minutes repeat the dose. once he's vomited, take up the food and water
for a few hours to give his stomach a chacne to settle then start back
slow with ice chips. If he doesn't then a vet visit
is needed to make him vomit.


 
ZooCVT, Certified Veterinary Technician
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience: 25 + years of experience w/ sm. animal, fish, exotics, orthopedics, ophthalmology and zoo medicine.
ZooCVT and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you
I would give him 3 tablespoons of hydrogen preroxide so that you can induce vomiting.


Just an FYI

The lethal dose depends on the size of the dog and the type of chocolate. The killer serving is approximately one ounce of milk chocolate, one-third ounce of semisweet chocolate, or one-tenth ounce of baker's chocolate per pound of dog.