Critter doctor
Critter doctor,

why is my dogs tongue white

Customer Question

My dogs tongue is white. Why is that? Her Stomach is also turning white. She is heaving like she is gonna throw up, but she hasn't used the bathroom all day. She is having a hard time breathing. I hope she is OK. Please answer soon. Thank you. Too late my dog's dead thanks any ways. :(
Category: Dog
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 12 years ago.

That is a very bad sign that her tongue is white and you need to get her to a vet ASAP. She may be hemmoraging in her stomach and it also may be something call a gastric torsion which means the stomach flips and looses circulation. I stress that it is very serious and need to be seen by a vet immediately!

Good Luck!!!!

Expert:  Critter doctor replied 12 years ago.

This is not a good sign, it means that her blood pressure is very low. Keep her warm, try to hydrate her, for example with Gatorade using a small syringe without the needle, or a small spoon, giving very small amounts every so often, and get her to the vet ASAP!!!!!

I wish you the best,