PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He's a 7 week old and his poop gets stuck in his bottom. I

Customer Question

He's a 7 week old and his poop gets stuck in his bottom. I cleaned him good this morning. And now the poop is stuck again. When you touch his bottom he meows. He's eating good
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Milo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Milo?
Customer: His mom appeared on my steps two years ago. I have been feeding her ever since. She's never been touched. This is her second set of kittens. I took them to the vet two weeks ago they all had eye infection. I got the treatment for that. Their eyes are clear now.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What food is Milo currently being fed?

Is the stool hard or soft?

Is the stool stuck within the anus or in the fur?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's stuck in the anus! He's eating fancy feast cat food and kmr milk. Sometimes moms milk
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kitten food I meant to say
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kind of soft stool

If you add some pure canned pumpkin to the food, this should help with the solidity of the stool. It should provide enough bulk to pass it more easily. The best solution for stools stuck in the anus will be to soak the back half of the kitten which should soften it and allow him to pass the stool.

How is Milo doing today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy