Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have 2 cats, one I believe is playing to rough with the

Customer Question

I have 2 cats, one I believe is playing to rough with the other. My older cat keeps pouncing on the younger one, this causes the younger one to not eat, drink, or even go to the bathroom with out my supervision. She just wants to hide all day. The older one seems to be playing, but the younger one doesn't take it that way. I have been separating I them a lot, but I feel bad since I live in a small apartment. What should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: The older one is called Atarah and is 1yr and 6m. The younger one is dipper and is 7m
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Atarah?
Customer: no, she's a very good cat. dipper though is mostly blind
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got dipper when she was 3m, so I have had them both together for 4m now. I have followed instructions on introducing a new cat into the home as well as tried many other ideas online to help solve this issue. Recently, I bought a lot of cat toys (perches, tower, small toys, window seats, etc) that atarah seems to love. however, I can't dipper to get out of hiding. I've tried blocking her hiding spots, but she will just stay really still, next to them, all day and not move... Should I just give this more time? I tend to open up her hiding spot after 8 hours because I feel bad. I am home all the time with them since I am off work on medical leave. I am 29, so I play all the time with them and will do just about anything to have them get along
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, thank you. I added some info
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

I can help you with this.Please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

are they both spayed females?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay