nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian. I am happy to answer any questions you may have on any species.
60269376

He is nearly 22 years old, and hasn't eaten in 2 days. I'm

Customer Question

He is nearly 22 years old, and hasn't eaten in 2 days. I'm sure he is dying and I want him to pass at home since he hates the vet, but I'm afraid he could be suffering and I can't tell.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

I understand that you would like to avoid the stress of taking your lad into the vets when he is already feeling so poorly.

When our pets become so ill that their quality of life is no longer as it should be euthanasia can be a gift. Furthermore, if it can be done at home where they are most comfortable that can be even better for them. Though I am very sorry to say that there are no over the counter medications that can be used to safely do this (else they would be a risk for people using them in this manner too). So, if you want to let him go without suffering at home, it would be highly advisable to ring his vet for a home visit or contact your local mobile veterinarian who wil come to you. That way he can be humanely let go without pain at home where he will be comfortable.

I understand you are trying to do the best thing for your wee lad and as such I implore you to get use one of those safe options so we let him go peacefully. Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )

Expert:  nekovet replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet