Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Ok story, in the last yr & 1/2 had to put down 2 male cats,

Customer Question

ok long story, in the last yr & 1/2 had to put down 2 male cats, one a playmate & one a brother to last remaining cat...then I had to relocate, stupid ppl left gates open & Mamacita, a ferral who adopted me 13/14 yrs ago took off from fright. (had screened in porch with gates at either end for their safety....lost my first cat to 3 dogs...he died in my arms, so then I kept the others inside, but was able to give them the porch for over 7yrs) I know she misses all of them & the move has been traumatizing for both of us. Getting used to noises, ppl coming over she doesn't know & loosing her family. & no porch avail. to screen & let her get outside safely, live on 2nd floor. She is 13 yrs old...I'm trying to get her out from under bed covers during the day...slow work but starting to see some improvement....we moved Sept 1 2016 it is now Jan. 4th 2017. My question is..would it be a good idea or not to get a kitten for her to play with? I know if she takes a dislike it would be disastrous, but I really think she needs a playmate, she is lonely for another cat (obviously from family would be great but not possible) btw I am traumatized too & ridden with guilt & torturing thoughts about the Mamacita out there in the dunes with no home anymore, crying now. So, would it be a good idea or not to get her a playmate....she is getting up during the nite to get me to play, the time she would spend with the others normally. Please please help. She is improving, it's noon & she is up & in living room but too many strange noises...she going back to bed...also I'm obviously on PC...Anxiously awaiting your reply
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the kitten. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: I haven't got kitten yet....I'm asking if it would be a good idea for my 13 yr female to get one
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: my 13yr old is named Brushka, or Boo or Baby....should I get a kitten for her?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I love her so much & feel her suffering,we both wake from strange noises & I jump out of my skin even if someone just knocks at my door....we used to live in isolated area & now in suburban setting in dif city & county. I get alot more visitors...now gardeners are here with noisey machines...she's gone back under the covers in my bed, she even took awhile to trust me again altho she always sleeps in my bed & I can pet but she won't cuddle anymore...this is breaking my heart
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do not know how to change SMS Url on phone I keep typing help please help or reply here
Expert:  Cher replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you and anxiously awaiting reply....neighbor I keep putting live chat instead of text as I do not know how to do SMS & url changes
Said pmt was in error....it is not just rentered security code
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok if phone wn't work...cos I don't know how to change SMS Url
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
send answer here pls
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what is happening when you try to call me...ph is working
Expert:  Cher replied 15 days ago.

Hello again,

I'm so sorry you and your cats had to go through so much, due to your move and Mamacita ran away due to the negligence of others. Hopefully she will find you (by scent), if it's not too far away, or another kind person will feed her outside their home.

Re: your main question--even though you feel Boo may feel more secure if she had a companion, in general, older cats are just bothered by the antics of young, energetic kittens. Because she's still afraid and adapting to her new environment, I wouldn't make any big changes at this time, like getting a new kitten, but try to help her overcome her fear of the new place. Get some Feliway plug in diffusers, which emit cat calming pheromones to help with stress. Humans can't smell them.

http://www.feliway.com/us

---------

There are other over the counter calming remedies. One is Rescue Remedy Pet and the other is Composure chews/treats. They are available in your pet supply stores. One note: don't give BOTH the Rescue Remedy Pet and the Composure treats; choose one and give that, only. Either one can be given along with the use of Feliway, which is not ingested.

Also, make sure she has a tall kitty condo or cat tree to play on and get her some new toys which will intrigue her. Continue to give her TLC, but don't push her if she is still scared. Try to run a white noise machine to cancel out the outside and inside noises that are scaring her.

I hope all will be well!

I didn't receive your phone number through the system, because it said 'payment failed,' so I'm sending you this written answer as you requested!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively, from the ratings box at the top of your page; that is the only way I will receive recognition from the website for my effort and assistance. Thank you very much! Bonuses are always a welcomed.

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation. Should you need me for any follow-up, clarification or further information, simply click 'Reply to Expert' at no additional charge.

Please don't hesitate to request me by name, for any future questions; just type: "For Cher Only" to begin your post.

Kind regards,

Cher