Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I brought my 5 month old kitten with me for a month vacation

Customer Question

I brought my 5 month old kitten with me for a month vacation in NYC. He is engaging in very destructive, hyper behaviors especially attack biting. He has broken the skin on my husband and I 6 times. I have tried everything to calm him....time out in quiet room, ignoring him etc but nothing helps. I have 2 mg tab of lorazepam with me that is scored. I have tried the per store Medus but they haven't touched him. Could I shave off a crumb of the lorazepam and give that a try?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Toby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toby?
Customer: He has had his vaccinations to date incl rabies. I am on an immunosuppressant medication and can't afford to keep getting badly bitten.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

I am so sorry your question was not answered promptly.

Do you still need help with Toby?