Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

We have 4 males cats, and took in a female when my female

We have 4 males cats, and took in a female when my female cat died. Two males are fine, couidnt care less. 2 males are so aggressive and continue to hurt her. We have tried everything, isolation, socializations, vinger down the back of all, pheromone sprays, everything and nothing stops the agression
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: the new, cat penny is 1 1/2
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Penny
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Penny?
Customer: fixed, friendly, active, passed all tests

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

hello and happy new year

I am sorry you are having trouble with the fur kids.

Can you please tell me exactly what the 2 males are doing to Penny?

after your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They are chasing her, attacking her

Thanks so much for your reply.

Are they biting, scratching, both, other?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
one was bitting her on the neck the other just chases her till she runs under the coach. They both use scratching posts, have multiple cat boxes, all get so much love and attention

Thanks so much for the info.

Please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** to keep them separated for 2 1/2 months. My husband is afraid that they will injure her

You do not need a behaviorist for cats. They are really quite easy to understand.

They do not rationalize, nor are they capable of in depth thought or reasoning.

Everything they do is basic, logical (to them) and makes perfect sense.

In a cat hierarchy a strong kitty will always try to take over and assume the head cat position. In addition, that is always subject to changes if cat one senses weakness in cat two. Cats DO work things out in their own way and they could care less what humans (or behaviorists) think. They only respond to the energy of another animal be it feline, canine or human.

Penny displays weak energy hence the two aggressive males do not respect her.

In every relationship there must be a leader. The others are followers.

The head cat is a benign leader thus I know one of the quiet, accepting males is the alpha.

The two bully males are trying to dominate Penny, especially the one that bites her on the neck.

You cannot separate the cats because then you break up the pack and delay their bonding. You must take over because YOU are the final authority. They will all listen to you!

Cats do not follow a pack leader the way dogs do but they do sense their human parents energy and respond accordingly - so if you are nervous, they will be nervous. If you are stressed, they are stressed as well.

So you must remain as calm and positive as you can muster. If you emit positive thoughts like " I just KNOW all these cats are going to get along" they WILL!

Sit down with a throw pillow. If any cat approaches Penny in an aggressive manner say NO and gently push him back with the pillow.

You MUST be consistent! If you do this EVERY SINGLE TIME they will understand that their behavior will not be tolerated. BUT any time they approach nicely, they get an immediate food treat so they see GOOD behavior is instantly rewarded.

Please let me know how things are going. If you have any questions along the way, I will always be here for you.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for helping us. We have been trying what you said. She is with the others now more, and when they go after her, we say no very strongly and continue to they back away. We hope it doesn't take too long as she is afraid when she sees them and wont come out.Your rating is excellent
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One last question, are we hurting her by keeping her in the environment?

No, you are not hurting her one bit! In fact, you have saved her life and are helping her!

I promise you things will work out in time..

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.