Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat got a new toy. It was a rod with a long piece (about

Customer Question

My cat got a new toy. It was a rod with a long piece (about 4 ft) of felt attached. He was not enthusiastic about it. I left it out, and in the morning the felt strip was gone. He ate food this morning and some treats. I can't find the felt anywhere and obviously worried he ingested it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: That's it for now.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

You have every reason to be concerned that he might have ingested this and teaser toy fabric attachments are consumed quite frequently by pets. Our typical approach is to add fiber to the diet in a few tsp of pure canned pumpkin to each meal. Adding this to canned food is likely recommended. If you see any vomiting, diarrhea, avoidance of food or water, nausea, etc. he needs an exam with your vet. Additionally, if the fabric passes normally you may see some hanging from his back end. NEVER pull. Trim with scissors and allow it to continue to exit the body normally.

Checking in. How is your companion doing?