Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I took her to the vet and put her on pederisone (sp) she got

Customer Question

I took her to the vet and put her on pederisone (sp) she got sick and vomited everything she had eatten that day, now she is drinking water but not eatting, I have stop giving the medicine. She is 7 years old and name Zeoy.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Zeoy eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, just some moist food, with her crunches, IAMs dry and Friskes moist.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zeoy?
Customer: She was hidding for a while, but is being more herself, just not eatting.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What was the original reason for her being placed on pred?
2) Had she eaten a full meal when she was given the prednisone before the vomiting began?
3) When did the vomiting begin?
4) How long since she last ate normally?