Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

10 days ago my pregnant cat started spotting. I started her

Customer Question

10 days ago my pregnant cat started spotting. I started her on a fount of clavamox 2x/ day for 7 days. She stopped spotting after about 5 days...isn't licking herself anymore. But now it doesn't feel like anything us there. Her due date is in 2 weeks. Is she still pregnant?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Is your cat indoors only?
2) What color spotted did you see?
3) Were any diagnostics performed at that time?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Indoors only. Blood red drops with a little mucous. Consulted with breeding partner with over 30 years exp as a breeder and is a retired nurse.msuggested course of clavamox.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No need for call...I can go see my regular vet.

With her being an indoor cat and the majority of the way through her pregnancy at the time of antibiotics, chances are she did not abort without you knowing it and she is still pregnant if she was pregnant before. With her being so close to term, if you wish to confirm pregnancy you can have x-rays performed within the next few days (we usually try to perform these 2-7 days before delivery) to confirm presence of young and also to get a head count for delivery.