Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My female cat has a hard ball on the right side of her

Customer Question

Hello my female cat has a hard ball on the right side of her stomach, plus she started having vaginal discharge.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Nina, I had her for about 8 years now, my son brought her in from outside.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nina?
Customer: She's not fixed or had any shots but has been to the vet for a uti in the past about 3 months ago.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How is her demeanor?

Can you share a picture of the vaginal discharge?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not home but it looks like murky water but with a little pink. She grawls at times when she's in pain every now and then but takes long naps after a meal because I know it bothers her more at that time.

When do you believe she is in pain?

How long has the discharge been a concern?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She's mostly in pain after she eats. She had it before a week after the vet visit 3 months ago I thought it was an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin but it went away until now with a ball that's bigger. I noticed the ball will go down as she goes poop.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Unfortunately, I am not able to offer a phone call at this time.

The ball itself may be due to an abnormality within the abdomen such as a cancerous mass on any number of organs. I am concerned that the discharge that she is having may be related to a uterine infection due to the fact that she is not spayed. Due to the symptoms you have described, I would highly recommend some diagnostics being scheduled such as bloodwork and abdominal X-rays.