Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

She is a very scared cat. She knows and accepts three

Customer Question

She is a very scared cat. She knows and accepts three people, but no one else.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: Ten years old, good appetite, very loving, but frightened easily by sudden noises. Friendly with only three people. Adopted from a household that had 9 cats two years ago.
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: I don't think the cat hurts. I can pick her up. She likes to sit in my lap. Sleeps with me and my husband.
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Lethargy??? Nervous when awake. Her name is Flash.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Flash?
Customer: She had three homes before she came here. She won't eat can cat food. Eats Purina ProPlan dry food and treats.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. I want to confirm that you are looking for ways to make Flash feel more comfortable in her new home. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Great. Thank you. I need to ask a few more questions. Are there any other animals in the household? Have you tried any pheromone therapy? How long have you had Flash?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Flash has lived here for 2 years. What is pheromone therapy?

There are calming pheromones that you can put in a plug in diffuser that is placed in the house. Feliway is the brand and they can be purchased on line or at many pet stores. I also like to use the Nurture calm collar. It lasts for a month and has been very helpful on the few cats that I have tried it on. It is an herbal blend. The last option I recommend is called Rescue Remedy. It is put in the food once daily and is an herbal calming blend. I would start with the Feliway diffuser in her main living space first. Please ask any follow up questions. You can continue posting on this thread for several days after rating my response. Take care.