Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Regarding my Persian cat the liberated soon lesion initially

Customer Question

Hello Dr regarding my Persian cat the liberated soon lesion initially decreased with daktarin cream and honey however it for worse today
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, and thank you for your update on Chocolate.

I'm sorry to hear that the lesion is looking worse today, after initially improving with the Daktarin cream and honey.

If she is able to lick the area, while grooming, you will have to use an 'E' collar (cone, lampshade collar) which you can find in your pet supply store--I'd get a soft one as opposed to a hard plastic one-- or you can even fashion one yourself:

https://www.cuteness.com/article/make-soft-elizabethan-collar-cats

-----------------------

In your local pharmacy get some Hibiclens antimicrobial soap or Chlorhexiderm scrub. Wash the area with this soap 2 times a day. If you do not find the above soap, you can use over the counter antibacterial soap. After washing the affected area as above, apply the Daktarin cream. Do this twice a day for the next 10-14 days.

Use the Daktarin cream exclusively, but if the wound starts looking angry again, use the honey after the cream has a chance to soak in.

I hope it starts looking better, again, soon!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Choclate. How is everything going?

Cher