Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

She was fine one Thursday night but Friday morning she could

Customer Question

she was fine one Thursday night but Friday morning she could not walk, and see had problems holding her urine , I have been trying to give her water with a eye dropper every two hours so she doesn't dehydrate. She did walk a little last night and used the cat box but is still just laying on the floor sleeping
JA: It could be an infection. The veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: lady and she is 12 and an inside cat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about lady?
Customer: she is usually very active not sure what to do don't have vet money
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 20 days ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 20 days ago.

Check for a middle ear infection causing Vestibular syndrome. This is often mistaken for a stroke or neuro issue:
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/Health_Information/vestibularsyndrome.cfm

If that is the case, it can be treated with 13.5 mg of dramamine and antibiotics:
http://www.dramamine.com/

Please let me know how she is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 18 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri