Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat has kidney disease, I think he is as the end, he is

Customer Question

Hello my cat has kidney disease, I think he is as the end, he is constantly contracting his stomach, I'm just wondering if he is only constipated
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is a rescue and I think he is around 12 or 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Melo?
Customer: He ate about half an hour ago bu threw up, he is real shakes listless
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

I'm so sorry Melo is not doing well. It does sound like he may be at the end, from the description of his current condition. If you can bring him to a vet or ER vet now, he might get some sub-Q fluids or I.V. fluids that may help.

I know how difficult this is for you, but you have to hope for the best, ***** ***** prepared for the worst. Remember, that you want him to still be enjoying quality of life and if he is not, it would be out of your love for him, and with the agreement of your vet, that he is put to sleep if nothing further can be done.

Kidney disease is an awful thing in cats when it gets to the end and if the vet who sees him in person tells you there's nothing more to be done, you'll have to make the dreaded decision so he does not suffer.

I send all my best thoughts and prayers to you and Melo.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 28 days ago.

Hi again,

I'm just checking in with you to see how things are going with Melo.

Did you find my answer helpful? Please let me know. Thanks!

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 25 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cher